A pool can be valuable beyond being an entertaining space or a place for a refreshing dip. Having a pool provides an opportunity to prioritize your health. Swimming is a low-impact exercise which can be enjoyed at any age. Utilizing the whole body without placing a strain upon joints and muscles, swimming is a fitness regimen which can positively impact your body, mind, and wellness.
How Can Swimming Benefit Health?
- Improve your fitness—Swimming is a full-body workout so shedding pounds or inches through swimming or water aerobics can be an effective and enjoyable solution for getting in shape.
- Manage stress levels naturally—According to a study conducted in the UK, 75% of people confirmed that their tension was directly diminished as a result of swimming. With increased oxygen flowing through your muscles while swimming and regulating your breathing, your body relaxes and produces a stress-reducing hormone as well.
- Help safeguard against heart disease—Swimming can help diminish the risk of heart disease by defeating the body’s inflammatory response. Your blood pressure lowers, and your heart is strengthened by a regular swimming regimen. With just thirty minutes of daily swimming, the risk of coronary heart disease in women is reduced by up to 40%. Even chances of developing conditions such as dementia, diabetes, and stroke are diminished through embracing exercise in the water.
- Support cognitive function—While submerged, your body experiences better blood flow which encourages vascular health and mental clarity.
- Provide an exercise option for those with physical limitations—Whether limited by age or pregnancy, safe exercise options for the elderly and the expectant can be quite limited. Because swimming is easy on muscles and joints, even those physically limited can strengthen core muscles and improve overall health.
- Embrace a timeless physical activity—With many exercises or athletic hobbies, over time, you can lose the ability to physically participate. Due to the low-impact nature of swimming, you can still enjoy swimming regardless of aging.
Beyond the exciting entertainment options, a swimming pool can play a vital role in maintaining and improving your health.
"Our new liner looks fantastic! Steve & his partner were very courteous & professional. They did a GREAT job! We would highly recommend J & M Pools."